How do you know you’ve found the perfect long-stay accommodation option in the Okanagan? From amenities and activities to location and views, we’ve compiled a check-list of must-haves for extended stays in Kelowna to help make sure you’re not missing out on anything.
#1. Location, Location, Location
In Kelowna, it really is possible to have it all: views, nearby shopping and restaurants, trails, and more. When you’re looking for your home away from home in this city, be sure your long-term stay suite brings you:
- Mountain or lake views
- Footsteps from the beach
- Walking distance to sought-after shops and restaurants
- Easy access to walking trails and transit
Guests enjoying extended stays in Kelowna at The Shore experience the best of the Okanagan every day.
Facing the shores of Okanagan Lake, guests enjoy the serenity and beauty of the lake from the private balconies of their luxury suites or the outdoor terrace.
You are also here to enjoy the bounty of the Okanagan, and really good food! At The Shore, you’ll love being able to walk downstairs for coffee or a delicious meal at KB&Co, a fast-casual plant-based café, or Diner Deluxe, a restaurant bringing you fresh, local fare from morning until evening.
Located in the coveted Lower Mission neighbourhood, you’re also a short walk away from some of Kelowna’s most celebrated boutiques and restaurants.
At your home away from home, it should be as easy to get to great eateries as it is to cook the meals you love right in your own kitchen.
Beyond a kitchenette, The Shore brings you chef-inspired kitchens with all the amenities you need to fuel adventures and relaxation, including:
- Oven and stove
- Minor appliances, such as a toaster and electric kettle
- Dinnerware, cookware, cutlery, and even wine glasses
Additionally each luxury suite is furnished with
- Custom-designed furniture
- Washer and dryer
- Private balconies
- 4K flat-screen LG TV’s
- High-speed wireless internet
With such mild winters, snowbirds in Kelowna can also barbecue almost any night of the year on our community Weber barbecues. The courtyard is a terrific place to meet friends in any season.
When it’s time to wash off the sand from the beach or restore your muscles after a day of snowshoeing, enjoy a soak in a full-size bathtub before resting in a luxurious king bed (complete with views!).
#3. A home base to enjoy the Okanagan life
Of course, extended stays in Kelowna ought to make it easy for you to explore and enjoy all that is the Okanagan lifestyle.
Centrally located, The Shore places you:
- 10 minutes from downtown Kelowna and the Orchard Park Shopping Centre
- 20-minute drive from 40 wineries
- 30 minutes from Big White Ski Resort, where you can enjoy snowshoeing, Nordic skiing and down-hill skiing, just 60 minutes from either Silver Star Ski Resort near Vernon or Apex Mountain Ski Resort
- A short drive from 19 spectacular golf courses because you are now also in golfer’s paradise
Of course, this is just the start of things to do as a year-round playground for all things recreation and culture!
What does your extended-stay at The Shore look like? Get in touch to hear more about how we can accommodate your needs with a variety of suite options and views!