Kelowna is well-known for its recreational culture, but it’s also a hub for entrepreneurs and business professionals. The next time you’re in town on business, why not incorporate aspects of the Kelowna lifestyle and turn it into a working vacation.
In order to achieve the perfect blend of work and play, you’ll need to book amenity-rich accommodations in a prime location. With modern suites, high-speed internet and ample space to facilitate working and relaxing, The Shore Kelowna offers all this and more. Whether you’re staying for a few nights or a few weeks, an in-suite laundry and kitchen, private balcony, and guest lounge can help make your work stay exceptionally comfortable.
Top Ten Activities for Your Working Holiday
To turn your Kelowna business trip from mediocre to memorable, we’ve compiled a list of 10 activities that can be easily added into any itinerary.
- Explore award-winning wineries. Kelowna has over 200 wineries ranging from old-world style estates to modern tasting rooms. Not sure where to start? Try Lakeshore’s Wine Route, Lake Country’s Scenic Sip Trail, the Westside Wine Trail or Kelowna’s Southeast Bench.
- Discover Kelowna’s culinary scene. There’s plenty of time to order in after a busy day at the office when you are back home. On your business trip, why not sample some of the unique offerings that Kelowna locals know and love. For an elevated dining experience, try Raudz Regional Table, Salt & Brick or The Home Block at Cedar Creek.
- Connect with nature on a hike. Kelowna has a hiking trail suitable for everyone. Take a peaceful stroll through Mission Creek Greenway, enjoy lake and canyon views, foot bridges and waterfalls in Bear Creek Provincial Park, or challenge yourself on Spion Kop.
- Unwind with a yoga class. Let the stresses of your 9 to 5 go as you breathe deep and reconnect with yourself. Find a spot for your mat at Modo Yoga, Our Yoga Space, or Shift Power Yoga.
- Get outdoors for a few rounds of golf. Spend some time perfecting your swing at one of Kelowna’s premier golf courses. Book your tee time at Gallagher’s Canyon Golf & Country Club, Sunset Ranch Golf & Country Club, or Tower Ranch Golf Club.
- Kick back at the beach. Relax lakeside surrounded by sun and sand, while taking in the incredible Okanagan lake and mountain views. Some beaches that are worth checking out are Boyce-Gyro Beach (directly across from The Shore Kelowna), Hot Sands Beach in City Park and Rotary Beach.
- Shop local. Browse the charming boutiques and gift shops in Pandosy Village and grab a coffee at Marmalade Cat Café. Blue Ginger & Lily Blue and Boheme Collective are great stops for fashionable finds.
- Stop by the Farmers Market. Find farm-to-table produce, local cheeses, baking, crafts and artisan goods at the Kelowna Farmer’s & Crafter’s Market. Visit their website for dates and times.
- Visit the vibrant downtown core. Park your car and wander. You’ll find quaint shops, restaurants, coffee shops, boutiques, eateries and more. Pop into Okanagan Spirits Craft Distillery for a tour and tasting, grab a bite at Mad Mango Cafe, and check out Funktional for unique gift ideas.
11. Give yourself the gift of wellness. Wellness is part of the lifestyle here in Kelowna. Go for some sweat therapy in the infrared saunas at Cosmetic Culture Spa. Try a session in the float tanks at Gravity Float & Wellness, or get a relaxing massage at Lotus Massage Therapy.
Packing Your Working Vacation Essentials
In addition to the usual items you bring on a business trip, consider packing a few extras so that you’re ready to make the most of your free time in Kelowna:
- Semi-casual button down shirt
- Casual pants
- Hiking boots/ running shoes
- Athletic wear
- Yoga mat
- Light sweater
- Golf clubs and attire
Your Home Away From Home
A working holiday wouldn’t be complete without comfortable, amenity-rich accommodations. The Shore Kelowna offers pet-friendly, lakeside suites with modern furnishings in the popular Lower Mission area. It’s the perfect contemporary oasis for your working vacation.